What is studio class?
You meet weekly with your instructor and fellow students.
Performances and discussion takes place here.
How do I book a recital?
- Make sure you are enrolled in the correct section of your applied lesson. Please check with your teacher.
- If you are giving a senior or graduate recital, please be sure to enroll on My Akron. If you are giving a junior recital, you do not need to sign up on My Akron.
-Pick a date that gives you enough time to prepare and your teacher and accompanist are available for.
- Request the date on 4-D:
- Your date is still not confirmed. Take the recital form (located under the computer) and fill out all fields. Get all signatures (teacher, area chair, your accompanist and yourself). Return to Patty LaNasa within 14 days of the request along with $50 (cash or check to The University of Akron).
- Once Patty LaNasa receives your check and confirms your date, your recital is confirmed.
- If you want to use the Atrium for a reception, please make sure to book with Patty.
- Book tables for your reception with Kim Bradfield in the Band Office (GH 119). $4 per table.
- If your recital is not confirmed within 14 days of the request, it is “denied” and you need to start the procedure over.
- To schedule rehearsals, follow the same procedure on 4-D but select “room, class or rehearsal.” It is not necessary to schedule rehearsals along with the recitals, but wise to schedule as soon as possible. Dates fill up quickly.
If you have any questions, please contact Patty LaNasa (x 8301) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is GID?
GID was the previous method of counting recital credits with paper forms.
GID is dead!
GID is now Recital Tracker.
What is Recital Tracker?
Recital Tracker keeps track of your recital and concert attendance.
This fulfills your student recital requirements.
How do I check my Recital Tracker credits?
Each email attendance confirmation contains your current and history attendance totals.
Student Recital Semester Requirements:
12 Sectionals, SOM Recitals
3 Other or either of the above
Student Recital BA Requirements:
48 sectionals + 48 concerts/recitals + 12 either one = 108 TOTAL
Student Recital Music Degree Requirements:
96 sectionals + 96 concerts/recitals + 24 either one = 216 TOTAL