Incoming Freshmen - Class of 2019
Welcome, freshmen - we have special programming just for you! We have a 2 part orientation process at UA, and it all starts with your Advising & Registration Program.
New Student Orientation: Advising & Registration - Spring Break & Summer
Advising & Registration dates are held over UA's Spring Break and throughout the summer. Advising & Registration programs are assigned on a first come, first serve basis after completion of the Intent to Enroll form and payment of the confirmation fee. Students are notified of their Advising & Registration dates via email shortly after the confirmation fee is paid.
- Get ready for your trip to UA
- Verify the major you listed in the email we sent you confirming your Advising & Registration program date
- If it is incorrect, call us at (330) 972-2622 or email email@example.com.
- Take placement tests, if required at least three business days before your scheduled orientation
- Find out what to bring to your program
- Check out sample schedules for parents and students so you know what to expect
- Complete the pre-advising worksheet
- The pre-advising worksheet is used by your academic adviser to help you schedule classes.
- Please complete it at least one week before your scheduled date.
- You will need your UAnet ID and password to log in. Your UAnet ID and password were sent to you by the Office of Admissions. If you have forgotten your password, call 330-972-6888.
- Are you eligible to complete foreign language testing? Complete a short survey before your Advising and Registration program
- To complete the survey, log on to your My Akron account and click on the "Placement Testing" icon. The survey will begin from there!
- Can't log on? Call our Computer Support Desk at (330) 972-6888 to get your UANet ID and password.
- Explore academic communities
- Start thinking about how many classes you want to take your first semester - follow our Finish in Time model!
- It is critical to finish your degree in time and we are here to help you!
- Take 15-16 credits every semester…
- You’ll be able to finish your degree more quickly and save a lot of money if you start college right by taking 15/16 credit hours per semester and it doesn’t cost any more than just taking 12 credit hours per semester!
- When students take 15/16 credit hours per semester, they tend to have better first-year grade point averages and are able to earn the credits needed for graduation in less time
- You'll finish your degree in time which will help you start your career sooner so you can be earning an income more quickly
- Use your summer semesters so that you average 30-32 credits per year.
- When you don't Finish in Time – it costs a lot of money!
- Cost of an extra year in college = your (forgone) first year salary in a job + your expenses (extra tuition, fees, books) minus what you will make working part-time as a student = an average cost of $52,600! Wouldn't you rather have that in your pocket?
Summer Check List
- Need a refresher? Access the presentations from your Advising & Registration program here!
- Prepare for New Roo Weekend!
- New Roo Weekend is August 28th-30th.
- Visit the website for more details on when you will receive more information.
- Follow New Roo Weekend on Twitter to stay up to date.
- Pick up the Common Reading Book
- Consider signing up for an Akron Adventures trip
- Connect with the rest of your incoming class
- Sign up for the SchoolsApp through Facebook.
- Follow Akron Orientation on Twitter for summer updates and news on first year programming