Delta Omega Recognition Award Winners
Guidelines for Recognition Awards
I. Purpose of the awards is to recognize outstanding nurses whose contributions to nursing fulfill the goals of Sigma Theta Tau International.
1. Sigma Theta Tau members submit nominations for the awards.
2. Academic excellence defined as a G.P.A. of 3.0 or above when students are involved.
3. Support for the Sigma Theta Tau member's nomination may come from peer, faculty, nursing or community leaders.
4. Awards will be issued at the discretion of the committee.
B. Types of Awards and Criteria
1. Award for Excellence in Nursing Leadership
a. Receives local, national and/or international recognition as a nursing leader in education, practice, administration and/or research.
b. Influences leadership in nursing through visionary and innovative approaches to leadership.
c. Creates an environment that enhances the image of nursing and nurses.
d. Participates in the development of nursing leaders.
Click here to download Nomination Form and Criteria