Hirakata City, Japan
Exchange Program: Kansai Gaidai University
- Fall, Spring, Academic Year
- Fall, Academic Year: March 15
- Spring: September 1
- Undergraduate (at least a sophomore)
- Good standing with UA
- 3.0 G.P.A
- One year of college-level Japanese
- Japanese language, Asian studies, international business, economics, human resource management, law, Japanese art and studio art, political science, communication, history, anthropology, social science, architecture, literature and popular culture. Course work is in English. A Japanese "Speaking Partner Program" is available.
- University of Akron, In-State Tuition: $4,630.08
- Additional costs will include room and board, visa application, transportation and general living expenses.
- Please schedule an appointment to meet with an Education Abroad Adviser to obtain a detailed budget sheet for this program.
- Kansai Gaidai houses students in international student dormitories (Seminar Houses) or in a Japanese family home-stay. All students live in Seminar Houses during orientation, which are typically furnished with tatami-mats, study desk, lamp, closet, Japanese futon, and sheets. Full kitchen facilities are also available.
Please visit Kansai Gadai University's website for more details.