Mexico City, Cuernavaca and Monterrey, Mexico
Exchange Program: Technological Institute of Superior Studies of Monterrey
- Fall, Spring, Academic Year, Summer
- Fall, Summer Academic Year: March 15
- Spring: September 1
- Undergraduate (at least a sophomore)
- Good standing with UA
- 2.5 G.P.A
- One year of college-level Spanish
- Upon arrival, students take a Spanish placement exam in the language laboratory. It lasts over an hour and includes an oral interview. Depending on your placement, you will: 1) select classes from the regular programs offered to the Mexican students, 2) you will study a semester Spanish course with two or three other classes before or after the Spanish course, or 3) you will spend your full schedule in an intensive Spanish course.
- University of Akron, In-State Tuition: $4,630.08
- Additional costs will include room and board, visa application, transportation and general living expenses.
- Please schedule an appointment to meet with an Education Abroad Adviser to obtain a detailed budget sheet for this program.
- Housing is available with a host family. If pre-arranged, the host family meets students at the airport. Three meals a day are included with the home stay. However, on Sundays few people cook in Mexico. The student may need to prepare his/her own meal that day.
Please visit Technological Institute of Superior Studies of Monterrey’s website for