Wonju, South Korea
Exchange Program: Yonsei University at Wonju - Global Village Program
- Fall, Spring, Academic Year
- Fall, Academic Year: March 15
- Spring: September 1
- Undergraduate (at least a sophomore)
- Good standing with UA
- The Global Village Program requires interaction with Korean students through mutual mentoring sessions and team meetings. Required courses include Korean Conversation (3 credits) and Korean Cultural Experience (3 credits). Recommended courses include Korean Reading and Writing (3 credits) and Community Service Internship (3 credits). Additional courses are available in English, including history and culture, philosophy, industrial design, MIS, economics, public administration, life sciences, packaging, science and technology, engineering, sports therapy, liberal arts, and East Asian Studies. Courses offered in English change somewhat each semester.
- University of Akron, In-State Tuition: $4,630.08
- ~ $2,600 or KRW 3,000,000 stipend provided to students
- Additional costs will include visa application, transportation and general living expenses.
- Please schedule an appointment to meet with an Education Abroad Adviser to obtain a detailed budget sheet for this program.
- Residence hall fees are waived for students participating in the Global Village Program.
- Students typically stay in quad residence hall facilities, which will be shared with three Korean students. There are simple kitchens available.
Please visit Yonsei University at Wonju's website for more details.