Scholarship opportunities for international students
International students are eligible for UA's new Undergraduate International Student Award scholarship.
This award, supported by the June Thomas Rogers International Student Fund, is granted once a year by the Office of International Programs.
The scholarships begins at $500 per student per academic year.
- Only undergraduate students who are beginning their studies at The University of Akron in the fall are eligible.
- If a student is awarded a scholarship, he or she must attend The University of Akron during both the fall and the spring semesters to receive the entire amount awarded. The scholarship will be equally distributed for the fall and the spring semesters. Please note: The scholarship is not a full scholarship. Students who attend only one semester will receive half the award.
- an underrepresented major, gender, country, and
- the student's ability to share knowledge with a wide audience.
- explain why they want to study at The University of Akron, and
- demonstrate a commitment to returning home and applying the knowledge gained at UA to further advance their home country.
The Office of International Programs must receive all scholarship applications between Jan. 1 and April 1 to be considered for the following academic year.
Applications for the scholarship are included with the application packet or may also be downloaded here:
- Scholarship Application for International Understanding Award-Undergraduates
- Scholarship Application for New Undergraduate International Students-Undergraduates
Fill in all parts of the application. Please type or write neatly. Any part omitted may be cause for disqualification. If you have any questions or need clarification, please contact the Office of International Programs at 330-972-6349.
Other scholarships opportunities
- Scholarships for new freshmen at UA
- Admissions and scholarship information for UA's Honors College
- Additional scholarship information on UA's Financial Aid site
Scholarship opportunities offered by groups unaffiliated with The University of Akron:
Funding for United States Study features detailed descriptions of grants, fellowships, and scholarships for undergraduate and graduate study, and doctoral and postdoctoral research in the United States. Listings includes grants, fellowships, financial aid, and scholarships available through:
- U.S. and foreign governments,
- colleges and universities,
- educational associations,
- research centers,
- corporations, and
- other organizations.