The Roo Express campus shuttle
The Roo Express Shuttle Service provides transportation to University buildings in the downtown area, neighborhoods near campus, and the parking lots on the North side of campus. During the fall and spring semesters the shuttle also services students on the weekends to and from the downtown area.
Shuttle routes and schedules:
Benefits of the shuttle service
The shuttle service benefits everyone:
|Commuter students and faculty/staff...||
|Students who live in off campus housing (near UA)…||
|Residence Hall students…||
Roo Express operations when the University closes
When the University of Akron has to close due to inclement weather, The Roo Express will operate on a restricted route schedule as long as it is feasible. The Roo Express's objective on days when the university is shut down is to transport resident students from their residences halls to and from Rob's Cafe and the Rec Center. Check our Twitter and Facebook for the most up to date information.
The restricted Roo Express route will make stops at the following locations;
1. Exchange Street Residence Hall near DQ
2. Spicer Residence Hall on Vine St.
3. the Req Center at the Carroll St. turn around circle
4. East Campus Parking Deck on Spicer St.
5. Rob's Cafe at the Honnor Complex
6. Quaker Square on Broadway
7. High St. near the intersection with Exchange St.
8. Student Union at the bus stop at the front of the building
* Additional stops will be added when needed. Check our website/Facebook/Twitter for current shuttle stops.
Answers to your questions
I use a wheelchair. Can I ride the shuttle?
Yes. All Roo Express shuttles are equipped with wheelchair-lift equipment. You do not need to make arrangements ahead of time to ride the regular routes, but special services will also be available for those who have additional needs – more information is available in this brochure.
How is the University paying for the Roo Express Shuttle?
Students who take more than five credit hours are assessed a Transportation Fee ($170 for the fall and spring semester, $120 for the summer). For that fee, students can request a parking permit (it's available at no additional charge), and ride the Roo Express shuttle. Transportation Fee funds help pay for:
- the shuttle,
- the upkeep of decks and parking lots,
- and the loans (actually bonds) that the University took out to build its newest decks.
Questions? Complaints? Suggestions?
Please direct your messages to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Parking & Transportation Services Office at 330-972-7213.