We encourage you to explore your payment options now and make arrangements as soon as possible.
Check My Akron to view your student account information and due dates.
We have several ways for you to make payments:
Log in to My Akron to access CASHNet and pay your tuition and fees using a credit card. CASHNet accepts MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and Visa. CASHNet charges a 2.9 percent service fee for credit cards.
Students who visit Simmons Hall to pay their tuition and fees via credit card will be directed to CASHNet.
To pay your tuition and fees using an e-check, log in to My Akron to access CASHNet and provide your bank's routing number and checking or savings account number.
Pay your tuition and fees in person at the cashier windows in the lobby of Simmons Hall (show on map).
Cash, checks and money orders are accepted in person. Credit card payments must be made online through My Akron and CASHNet.
To mail your tuition and fee payment by check, include your itemized statement and be sure to write your student ID number on your check. Mail your payment to:
University of Akron
P.O. Box 2260
Akron, OH 44309-2260
Payments that are not received by the due date will be considered late, so mail your check early. Postmark dates are not considered.
Most students qualify for some form of financial aid, such as subsidized loans, grants, or scholarships. Financial aid money can be applied to your student account balance.
If you are planning to use financial aid to pay for your tuition and fees, but it is not going to disburse before the due date, check My Akron to verify that your aid is listed as "anticipated."
See the Office of Financial Aid for more information.
Installment Payment Plan:
- Effective Fall 2013 the down payment requirement for the payment plan is 25%. The 25% is calculated based on the net outstanding balance at the time you sign up. View Details.
- The net outstanding balance cannot be less than $200.00 to be eligible for the installment payment plan.
- Anticipated Aid cannot be used as your down payment. Anticipated Aid may be used to reduce the balance on your account (net outstanding balance/ budget amount). The 25% down payment is required as the down payment after the reduced amount.
- The Installment Payment Plan allows you to make one initial down payment followed by installment payments throughout the semester.
To participate in the Installment Payment Plan:
- Sign up for the Installment Payment Plan (online only). There is a $35 application fee which will be required in addition to your down payment.
- Make up to four installment payments throughout the term which would include your initial down payment. Summer session has three installments which includes the down payment.
How to sign up for the Installment Payment Plan
- Sign into My Akron → Access my…Finances → Sign Up for Payment Plan
- To view the payment plan registration deadline, refer to the payment plan registration dates.
The payment plan covers only one term, so you will need to re-enroll every term.
Deferred Payment Plan:
The deferred payment plan is for qualifying individuals who are eligible for their employer's tuition reimbursement program.
To participate in the Deferred Payment Plan:
- Complete the Deferred Payment Plan application and return by mail (PO Box 2260, Akron, OH 44309) or in person at the Cashier window (Simmons Hall, 277 Buchtel Ave.) prior to the due date.
- There is a $35.00 application fee and the required down payment is $300.00.
- Each term the application (and supporting documentation) is required to sign up for the deferred payment plan.
- Additional required documentation include:
- A statement from your employer, which outlines their tuition reimbursement program.
- Verification of employment should be noted by the employer on the deferred payment plan application. Employment must be at least 90 days (eligibility by employer may be longer).
- Prior enrollment (one term) at The University of Akron, or transcripts which indicate 2.0 or greater GPA.
To see the due dates, refer to the Billing and Due Dates.
UA's Office of Student Accounts handles two types of third-party payments/scholarships:
- those that submit payment in advance, and
- those that are billed to a company or organization.
How to submit: You may submit your third party’s preferred form of payment, whether it is a check, voucher or authorization to bill a company/organization, at the cashier windows in the Simmons Hall lobby or by mail to:
The University of Akron
Akron OH 44309
Please verify that:
- your name and student ID number are on the check, and
- all checks or vouchers are signed, when necessary.
If you or the Third-Party would like to contact us by mail, use this address:
The University of Akron
Student Accounts – Third Party
110 Simmons Hall
Akron OH 44325-6209
Award notification: All third-party payments/scholarships are reported to the Office of Student Financial Aid. Third-party aid will appear on the Award Notification as "Outside Scholarship(s), BVR, or Workforce Initiative." The amount reported will be used in the calculation of your eligibility for need-based aid.
The University awards a limited number of graduate assistantships to students who qualify. Assistantships and fellowships are offered through the graduate degree-granting colleges, departments, and schools.
Learn more about graduate assistantships and other forms of assistance for graduate study.
Avoid late fees or holds that prevent future registration and transcripts
If you don't plan to attend, you should drop your classes right away to avoid financial responsibility. Learn how to drop classes.
- UA reserves the right to drop your classes if you have not arranged payment. Learn about payment options.
- A late registration fee of $100 will be assessed for any "first time" registration that occurs as of the first day of the term.
- A late fee of $100 will be charged if payment is not received by the due date.
- A late fee of $50 will be charged for late installment payments, if you're on the Installment Payment Plan.