This is recommended for other STEM students wishing to broaden their experience in physics. The physic minor requires 18 credits as indicated below. In many cases (for example Engineering, Chemistry, Geology) students already require Elementary Classical Physics I and II for their major (8 credits total) so students seeking the physics minor need only take 10 more credits of physics courses to obtain a minor.
Required for all students:
- 3650:291,2 Elementary Classical Physics I, II (4 credits each)
- 3650:301 Elementary Modern Physics (3 credits)
- 3650:3xx Electives (7 credits)
- 3650:322,3 Intermediate Laboratory I, II (3 credits each)
- 3650:340 Thermal Physics (3 credits)
- 3650:350 Modeling and Simulation (4 credits)
Other electives may be chosen with permission of the physics department.