Strategic Thinking Task Force (WOW)
Continuous Quality Improvement
The CQI task force shall lead the implementation of quality improvement principles and methods throughout the University in order to be the best university in northern Ohio.
Throughout the group's deliberations attention is to be given to the thematic topics of 1) impact of CQI on students and other audiences, 2) benchmarks that would indicate specific outcomes of success or failure of the approaches (i.e. metric and measures), 3) approaches for effective communication to relevant groups about CQI and 4) ways to include administrators, faculty, staff, and students in the CQI process.
Charges to task force:
- Begin to identify and define CQI on The University of Akron campus recognizing that the principles of continuous quality improvement cannot simply be transferred to the academic environment.
- Determine how we are going to institutionalize CQI on The University of Akron campus (ex. Separate office, separate council, annual campaign?)
- Begin to draft and prepare statements of the philosophy and principles of CQI as it pertains to The University of Akron.
- Identify ways of educating The University of Akron community about CQI principles and practices.
- Identify audiences critical to the University and determine how CQI can be related to services to these audiences (ex. Students, parents, alumni, etc.)
- Identify candidate CQI projects and facilitate their enactment and progress.