Strategic Thinking Task Force (WOW)
Innovative Budgeting Work Group
The tri-fold goals of the Innovative Budgeting Work Group are:
- Identify the pros and cons of current budgeting and planning processes of the University.
- Explore alternative known and innovative approaches for the integration of planning and budgeting.
- Make recommendations for the planning and budgeting process fitting for The University of Akron.
Throughout the group's deliberations attention is to be given to the thematic topics of:
- Impact of planning and budgeting process on students and other stakeholders.
- Benchmarks that would indicate specific outcomes of success or failure of the approaches (i.e., metric and measures)
- Approaches for effective communication to relevant groups about the planning and budgeting process.
- Ways to include administrators, faculty and staff in the planning and budgeting process.