Strategic Thinking Task Force (WOW)
Opportunities Task Force
To identify opportunities facing The University of Akron which would enable improving quality, expanding service, utilizing innovative approaches, and increasing delivery of our "products". (Products = programs, classes, research findings, professional expertise, scholarship, training, graduates, student support services, etc.)
Charges to task force:
- Clarify the nature and determine the extent of opportunities identified in the first retreat.
- Identify rudimentary costs for the opportunities identified. Identify infrastructure and resources necessary to take advantage of the opportunities. Identify which are currently available and to what extent; which would need to be expanded/added.
- Identify other opportunities the university has to expand its market share, build innovation, become internationally renowned, partner with our community, prepare students to succeed, increase our technology base, .....
- Identify which activities at The University of Akron could take advantage of these opportunities. (Meet with members of Distinctive Competencies Task Force for part of this charge.)
- Identify to a rudimentary level the benefits that would accrue to various activities taking advantage of opportunities.
- Engage in dialogue with other task forces, especially the Distinctive Competencies Task Force and the Competitive Market Changes in Education Task Force to determine which opportunities fit best with their findings and how the competencies or clusters could take advantage of opportunities identified and defined.