Office of Academic Affairs
About the Provost
Dr. William M. "Mike" Sherman is the Senior Vice President, Provost and Chief Operating Officer of The University of Akron. The Provost is the Chief Academic Officer of the University. He works with senior leaders to achieve UA's mission and goals of the University's academic master plan, Vision 2020.
The Office of Academic Affairs works year-round to ensure and increase student success. At the heart of all priorities and initiatives, is the success of every student. Through strong collaboration and teamwork across all University units, a campus retention and completion structure provides the framework for university-wide accountability for student success. More about Provost Sherman.
Contact the Provost: email@example.com
About Academic Affairs
Centrally located in Buchtel Hall, the Office of Academic Affairs supports the academic mission of the University. In addition to OAA leadership and personnel, the Office is comprised of the many colleges and units that achieve the academic mission of the University.
- UA students devising piece for theatre festival based on reactions to social issues
- Engineering receives $1.25 million for scholarships and a career center
- Follow the money: New degree in financial forensics
- $1 million prize awarded to UA and Northeast Ohio partners
- Honors College Transition (Dale Mugler's Retirement)
COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE PROVOST
- Message from the Provost
- Provost Communications: Board of Trustees, Faculty Senate, Campus and External
- 2015 Higher Learning Commission focused visit
- Academic Calendar
- Faculty and Staff Resources
- Mission and Vision
- Student Resources
- About the Provost