Outdoor equipment rental
Outdoor adventure rental equipment is available to students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members over the age of 18.
- Our Rental Agreement must be signed to rent equipment. The renter agrees to pay for any damages or loss of equipment and also agrees not to hold the University, its employees, or the State of Ohio responsible for injuries, accidents, or other mishaps which may occur while using the equipment.
- Proper identification (Zip Card or valid Driver's License) must be presented to rent equipment.
- It is the responsibility of the renter to know how to use the requested equipment. The renter may ask a staff member for clarification about the proper use of equipment; however, such an explanation is not a substitute for proper training from a certified instructor.
- It is the responsibility of the renter to check all equipment prior to leaving the OASIS, and the renter must agree to accept the equipment as is.
- Returned rental items must be clean when received. A $10 per item cleaning charge will be assessed for equipment that must be cleaned. Proper cleaning tips may be obtained from staff.
- No equipment will be considered returned until it is inspected. Plan accordingly and allow time for this inspection.
- There are no refunds for early returns.
- Equipment returned past due will be subject to a daily late fee. For each day late the renter will be charged the daily student/member rate(s) for the item(s) rented.
- The renter is responsible for all costs of repair or replacement.
Reservations and cancellations
- Reservations can be made up to 30 days in advance on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations can only be made in the OASIS office during regular hours. Full payment is due at the time of reservation.
- A full refund will be issued for reservations cancelled more than 2 days in advance. For all other cancellations a partial refund equal to half of the rental charge will be issued.
- There are no refunds for equipment that is picked up late or not at all.
- If a credit card is used for payment, that same card must be presented to issue a refund. Otherwise, it can take up to two weeks for a check to be issued.