Request a transcript

For alumni who were last enrolled before the fall semester of 2001, there are two convenient ways to order a transcript.


Prepare a typed or handwritten request that includes the following information: 

  • your current full name and any maiden/former name(s) used while in attendance at The University of Akron;
  • your student ID number OR the last four digits of your social security number and your year of birth;
  • your dates of attendance at The University of Akron;
  • your telephone number and/or email address (you will be contacted if there is a problem with your request);
  • the number of official academic transcripts to be released to each recipient;
  • the complete name, address, city, state, and zip code of each official academic transcript recipient (even if the recipient is you);
  • a statement giving The University of Akron permission to release your official academic transcript to the recipient(s) indicated; and
  • your original handwritten signature (a signature stamp, electronic signature, digital signature or a signature file inserted in an email message is not acceptable).

Four options for submitting your request

  1. Scan and email your signed request to
  2. Fax your signed request to Transcript Request at 330-972-6097.
  3. Mail your signed request to Transcript Request, The University of Akron, Akron, OH  44325-6208.
  4. Submit your signed request to the Student Services Center in the lobby of Simmons Hall.  Please note that submitting your request in person does not expedite its fulfillment and that requests are not produced on-the-spot.