The summer ambassador is a member of the Department of Residence Life and Housing staff with significant responsibilities in providing customer service to students and their families. The summer ambassadors are student leaders with knowledge of the department, residence halls, and campus resources.
- Provide residence hall/campus tours to prospective residents Monday through Friday upon request or as needed on scheduled University new student orientation dates
- Assist with residence hall tour room set up throughout the summer
- Participate and assist in summer New Student Orientation
- Assist on any scheduled University sponsored visit days or special events
- Attend scheduled summer ambassador meetings
- Assist with the daily operation of the central office upon request, including but not limited to early arrivals of international and domestic students, fall opening preparation, Phone-A-Thon
- Serve on various RLH committees
Position Expectations and Requirements
- Represent the Department of Residence Life and Housing effectively and positively.
- Possess professional communication skills and be adept at speaking in front of groups
- Previous experience working with the department and interacting with students and parents
- Available to work Monday through Friday during business hours and/or 4-6pm. We can be flexible with students who have classes during business hours.
- Maintain good academic standing.
- Student may not be employed in any other capacity at the University or otherwise which will interfere with the student’s availability during normal working hours for the dates of employment.
- Be eligible for employment in the department by successfully completing a criminal background check.
- Compensation is $7.85 per hour for up to 30 hours per week. Summer ambassadors will be required to log all hours worked and report them on a biweekly timecard. Applicants must be eligible for student employment at The University of Akron.
- Compensation includes the provision of housing during the term of employment in a residence hall space which will be determined based upon the needs of the department and availability of space. Student must work minimum of 20 hours per week in order to receive housing.
Dates of Employment
- Period of employment is May 13, 2013 – August 25, 2013.
Apply now to be a Summer Ambassador
The University of Akron is an Equal Education and Employment Institution.