Undergraduate Admission requirements
- Complete 30 semester credit hours of General Education courses with a grade point average of 2.5 or better
- Meet with your adviser to arrange an Inter-College Transfer into the Buchtel College of Arts and Sciences, School of Communication
University College advisers - Simmons Hall 205, 330-972-7430
Summit College advisers - Polsky Building 301, 330-972-7220
- Continue to meet with your adviser to select a concentration area and plan your course of study.
Find more information about becoming a Zip at Admissions, or visit "My Akron" to locate your adviser, schedule an advising appointment and learn more about joining The School of Communication.
Undergraduate graduation requirements
- complete a minimum of 128 credit hours in specific areas
- maintain an overall minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 for all classes taken at The University of Akron
- maintain an overall minimum GPA of 2.3 for all classes taken in the School of Communication
- earn a grade of “C” or better in all required courses in:
- the General Education program
- Oral or Effective Communication
- English Composition I and I
- earn a grade of “C” or better in the following Communication classes:
- 7600:102 Survey of Mass Communication
- 7600:115 Survey of Communication Theory
- 7600:384 Communication Research
- register for graduation through My Akron by:
- July 1 - fall commencement
- December 1 - spring commencement
- April 1 - summer commencement
How do I...?
Dispute a grade?
School of Communication
Kolbe Hall 108
The University of Akron
Akron, OH 44325-1003
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Therese L. Lueck
Kolbe Hall 108
Kolbe Hall 105F
Undergraduate Academic Advising
Visit "My Akron" to locate your adviser
Schedule an advising appointment