Linda McArdle, MSW, LISW-S
Title: Senior Instructor
Dept/Program: School of Social Work
Office: 415E, Polsky Building
Professor Linda McArdle has been a faculty member at the UA School of Social Work since 2004. She has over 20 years of experience as a medical social worker in an acute hospital setting and in skilled rehabilitation. She is actively involved in the International Association for Social Work with Groups, Northeast Ohio Executive Board, and served as the International Chapter Development Chair. She is also a Licensed Independent Social Worker with Supervisor designation (LISW-S).
- Social work in health care
- Social work with families and children
- 2015, August 6, "Creative and Experiential Approaches When Working with Families," Hartville, OH.
- 2015, August 6, "Wellness--Understanding Coping Techniques to Assist with Common Life Stressors," Hartville, OH.
- 2015, April 24, "Social Work Supervision: Mentoring Competent Practice," Akron, OH.
- 2015, March 11, "Ethical Issues in Practice & Supervision: Understanding Changing Systems," Akron, OH.
- 2015, March 2, "Strengths Perspective and Group Supervision of Social Work Students," Baccalaureate Social Work Program Directors, Kansas City, MO.
- 2014, October 30, "Social Work Supervision: Mentoring Competent Clinical Practice," Akron, OH; Area Agency on Aging, Hartville, OH.
- 2014, October 10, "Ethics Matters: Professional Ethics Guiding Social Workers," Hartville, OH.
- 2014, October 10, “Ethics Matters: Professional Ethics Guiding Social Workers and Counselors,” Belmont Pines, Youngstown, OH.
- 2014, September 17, “Ethical Issues in Supervision for Social Workers and Counselors,” Cleveland State University, Cleveland, OH.
- 2014, June 6, “Strength-Based Group Supervision of Students,” IASWG Symposium, Calgary, Canada.
- 2014, May 8, “Ethics & Disability Issues In Social Work,” Area Agency on Aging, Hartville, OH.
- 2014, March 21, “Ethics & Diversity Issues Guiding Social Work Practice,” Akron Medical Social Workers, Akron, OH.
- 2014, March 8, “Viewing Globally & Acting Locally: Ethical Guidelines For Social Workers,” the University of Akron Alumni Group, Akron, OH.
- 2014, January 31, “Diversity Perspectives in Ethical Social Work Practice”, Cleveland State University, Cleveland, OH.
- M.S.W. Cleveland State University
- B.A.S.W. Kent State University
- Advanced Social Work Practice with Small Systems II
- Introduction to Social Work Practice
- Social Work Practice I
- Social Work Practice II
- Social Work Practice IV
- Practice I Skills Lab
- Social Work Ethics
- Social Work in Health Services
- Field Seminars
- Human Behavior & Social Environment I & II