Linda McArdle, MSW, LISW-S
Title: Senior Instructor
Department: School of Social Work
Office: 415E, Polsky Building
Professor Linda McArdle has been a faculty member at the UA School of Social Work since 2004. She has over 20 years of experience as a medical social worker in an acute hospital setting and in skilled rehabilitation. She is actively involved in the International Association for Social Work with Groups, Northeast Ohio Executive Board, and served as the International Chapter Development Chair. She is also a Licensed Independent Social Worker with Supervisior designation (LISW-S).
- Social work in health care
- Social work with families and children
- 2014, January 31, “Diversity Perspectives in Ethical Social Work Practice”, Cleveland State University, Cleveland, Ohio.
- 2014, March 8, “Viewing Globally & Acting Locally: Ethical Guidelines For Social Workers,” the University of Akron Alumni Group, Akron, Ohio.
- 2014, March 21, “Ethics & Diversity Issues Guiding Social Work Practice,” Akron Medical Social Workers, Akron, Ohio.
- 2014, May 8, “Ethics & Disability Issues In Social Work,” Area Agency on Aging, Hartville, Ohio.
- 2014, June 6, “Strength-Based Group Supervision of Students,” IASWG Symposium, Calgary, Canada.
- 2014, September 17, “Ethical Issues in Supervision for Social Workers and Counselors,” Cleveland State University, Cleveland, Ohio.
- 2014, October 10, “Ethics Matters: Professional Ethics Guiding Social Workers and Counselors,” Belmont Pines, Youngstown, Ohio.
- 2014, October 30, "Social Work Supervision: Mentoring Competent Clinical Practice,” Area Agency on Aging, Hartville, Ohio.
- M.S.W. Cleveland State University
- B.A.S.W. Kent State University
- Advanced Social Work Practice with Small Systems II
- Social Work Practice I
- Social Work Practice II
- Social Work Practice IV
- Practice I Skills Lab
- Social Work Ethics
- Field Seminars
- Human Behavior & Social Environment