Bachelor's Degree Program Informational Sessions- Lakewood Campus
- Who: Learners interested in attending a BA/BASW program on the Lakewood Campus beginning Fall 2015
- Why: Provide information and assist in completing UA admissions paperwork
- When: Social Work Wednesdays
- When: February 25, March 11, April 15, & May 13, 2015
- Time: 5:00 p.m. -7:00 p.m.
- Location: Lakewood campus
Please R.S.V.P. Professor Becky Thomas firstname.lastname@example.org 330-972-5682
Joint Master's Degree Program Overview- Lakewood Campus
- The Lakewood program is an intensive, four consecutive semester program that begins in the Spring semester and continues through Summer, Fall, and Spring semesters.
- This full-time program meet two evenings a week for all four consecutive semesters.
- Students must agree to attend all courses at the Lakewood campus.
- Unlike other cohorts of the Joint MSW Program, the Lakewood Cohort classes are taught in traditional classroom format, with all 24 students (12 students from CSU & 12 students from UA) and the instructor situated in the same classroom.
2016 MSW Application Information - Lakewood Campus for Spring 2016
- Lakewood MSW Admission Guidelines
- Lakewood MSW Application Checklist
- Lakewood MSW Admissions Cover Letter
- Lakewood MSW Applicant Recommendation Form
- The University of Akron Graduate School Application (Deadline: To be announced)
Please note an increase in graduate application fees: First time Domestic Applicants: $45.;
First time International Applicants: $70.; Reapplication: $45.
Application for a Graduate Assistantship (Please note: The School of Social Work does not require three additional references when applying for a graduate assistantship. Deadline 9/25/15)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
- When can I submit my application for admission? Immediately
- What is the admission deadline for Spring 2016 Start Date? September 25, 2015
- When will I receive notification of my admission status? Letters will be distributed the month of October, 2015
- How long will it take to process my admission paperwork? To be Announced
- When do classes begin? Spring semester begins early January 2016
- Do I need to attend any orientation sessions? Yes, you will need to attend two orientations: Program Orientation & Field Orientation- Dates/times will be provided
- What information can you provide about parking? - There is a parking lot behind The University of Akron Lakewood campus but it is not owned by the university.
The parking lot owner charges every car that enters the parking lot before 6:30pm. If you take a parking ticket when you enter the lot, you are required to pay when you leave.
This map highlights additional parking options for students. There are many metered parking options available in the area surrounding the university.
Parking meters are in effect Monday-Friday until 6pm and take quarters only. There are also many side streets around Lakewood that have un-metered street parking as an option.
- Wondering about your field education experience? Students may complete their field placements in the Lakewood area or at agencies throughout the Akron area.
- Who can I contact for additional assistance? Professor Becky Thomas, Lakewood Coordinator email@example.com or 330-972-5682.
Location, location, location!
- The Lakewood site is located at 14725 Detroit Avenue, Lakewood, Ohio 44107, surrounded by shops, restaurants, and coffee houses. It’s an ideal location take college courses!
- Parking is readily available at 1415 Warren Road. This location is easily accessible via I-90 and Route 2.
- The Lakewood library is two blocks away and is designated as an OhioLink site. Books, articles, and other library materials can be ordered from the main campus and will be delivered to the Lakewood library.
"A wonderful opportunity for graduate social work education... We certainly hope you consider this option if you are thinking of furthering your education."
Timothy McCarragher, Ph.D., LISW-S,
School Director/Associate Professor