MSW Program Overview- UA Lakewood Campus
The MSW Program offers:
- Preparation for the advanced practice of social work
- A degree program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- Evening courses
- Regional field placements
- Advanced standing program for qualifying students with a BSW
Interested in learning about the MSW Lakewood program? Come to one of our Open Houses!
Thursday, July 14 from 5-7 pm
All Open Houses will be held at the Lakewood site.
Please contact Becky Thomas, Lakewood MSW coordinator, at email@example.com for any questions.
2017 MSW Application Information - UA Lakewood
- Lakewood MSW Admissions Cover Letter
- Lakewood MSW Admission Guidelines
- Lakewood MSW Application Checklist
- Lakewood MSW Preferred Program Format Form
- Lakewood MSW Applicant Recommendation Form
- The University of Akron Graduate School Application (Deadline: 10/1/16)
* Please note an increase in graduate application fees:
- First time Domestic Applicants: $45
- First time International Applicants: $70
- Reapplication: $45.
- Application for A Graduate Assistantship (Please note: The School of Social Work does not require three additional references when applying for a graduate assistantship. Deadline: 10/1/16)
* Please note, the Graduate School is going through an upgrade to their online application. Please do the following steps when completing the Graduate School application. Not following these steps may put you at risk for your application not being processed.
When applying for the Lakewood Spring 2017, please do the following:
- Before you begin the graduate application, please download the Lakewood MSW Admission Supplemental Form (Click here), which you will need to upload as part of your graduate application.
- When the graduate school application asks for admission date applying, please select Fall, 2016.
- Then where the graduate school application indicates upload Supplemental form, please upload the Lakewood MSW Admission Supplemental Form Spring 2017 (found above).
You can still pay the application fee in the same manner on-line and will still send all transcripts directly to the Graduate School.
If you experience any difficulties with the application process, please contact Becky Thomas either by phone 330-972-5682 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
- What is the admission deadline? Saturday, October 1, 2016
- When do classes begin? Spring, 2017
- Do I need to attend any orientation sessions? Yes, you will need to attend two orientations: Field Orientation & Program Orientation.
Mandatory Field Orientation: To be announced
Mandatory MSW Program Orientation: To be announced
- What information can you provide about parking? There is a parking lot behind The University of Akron Lakewood campus, but it is not owned by the university.
The parking lot owner charges every car that enters the parking lot before 6:30pm. If you take a parking ticket when you enter the lot, you are required to pay when you leave.
This map highlights additional parking options for students. There are many metered parking options available in the area surrounding the university.
Parking meters are in effect Monday-Friday until 6pm and take quarters only. There are also many side streets around Lakewood that have un-metered street parking as an option.
- Wondering about your field education experience? Students may complete their field placements in the Lakewood area or at agencies throughout the Akron area (Click here).
- Who can I contact for additional assistance? Professor Becky Thomas, Lakewood Coordinator email@example.com or 330-972-5682
Location, location, location!
- The Lakewood site is located at 14725 Detroit Avenue, Lakewood, Ohio 44107, surrounded by shops, restaurants, and coffee houses. It’s an ideal location to take college courses!
- Parking is readily available at 1415 Warren Road. This location is easily accessible via I-90 and Route 2.
- The Lakewood library is two blocks away and is designated as an OhioLink site. Books, articles, and other library materials can be ordered from the main campus and will be delivered to the Lakewood library.