Joint Master's Degree Program Overview- Lakewood Campus
OPEN HOUSE- Let us answer your questions!
Monday, August 18, 2014, 5-7 p.m.
Learn more about this unique program; the application process; amazing time frame
No Registration required
14725 Detroit Avenue,
Lakewood, Ohio 44107
Contact Professor Becky Thomas or Dr. Timothy McCarragher
- The Lakewood Cohort is an intensive, four consecutive semester program that begins in the Spring semester and continues through Summer, Fall, and Spring semesters.
- This full-time program meet two evenings a week for all four consecutive semesters.
Students must agree to attend all courses at the Lakewood campus.
- Unlike other cohorts of the Joint MSW Program, the Lakewood Cohort classes are taught in traditional classroom format, with all 24 students (12 students from CSU & 12 students from UA) and the instructor situated in the same classroom.
2015 MSW Application Information - Lakewood Campus
Lakewood MSW Admission Guidelines
Lakewood MSW Application Checklist
Lakewood MSW Admissions Cover Letter
Lakewood MSW Applicant Recommendation Form
Akron Graduate School Application (Deadline Friday, 9/19/14 )
Application for A Graduate Assistantship (Please note: The School of Social Work does not require three additional references when applying for a graduate assistantship. Deadline 9/19/14)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
- When can I submit my application for admission? NOW- Applications are currently being accepted.
- What is the admission deadline for Spring 2015 Start Date? Friday, September 19, 2014
- When will I receive notification of my admission status? Continue to check our website.
- How long will it take to process my admission paperwork? Continue to check our website.
- When do classes begin? Saturday Classes begin January 10, 2015
- Do I need to attend any orientation sessions? Yes, you will need to attend two orientations:
Field Orientation- scheduled for Friday, October 11, 2014 Continue to check our website
Joint Program Orientation- TBA Continue to check our website Orientation will occur on Lakewood Campus, Refreshments will be provided
- What information can you provide about parking? - There is a parking lot behind The University of Akron Lakewood campus but it is not owned by the university. The parking lot owner charges every car that enters the parking lot before 6:30pm. If you take a parking ticket when you enter the lot, you are required to pay when you leave. Attached is a map that highlights additional parking options for students. There are many metered parking options available in the area surrounding the university. Parking meters are in effect Monday-Friday until 6pm and take quarters only. There are also many side streets around Lakewood that have un-metered street parking as an option.
- Wondering about your field education experience? Students may complete their field placements in the Lakewood area or at agencies throughout the Akron area. See Field Education Tab on Left for Calendars, Schedules, and Overall Field Information
- Who can I contact for additional assistance? Professor Becky Thomas, Lakewood Coordinator email@example.com or 330-972-5682.
Location, location, location!
- The Lakewood site is located at 14725 Detroit Avenue, Lakewood, Ohio 44107, surrounded by shops, restaurants, and coffee houses. It’s an ideal location take college courses!
- Parking is readily available at 1415 Warren Road. This location is easily accessible via I-90 and Route 2.
- The Lakewood library is two blocks away and is designated as an OhioLink site. Books, articles, and other library materials can be ordered from the main campus and will be delivered to the Lakewood library.
"A wonderful opportunity for graduate social work education... We certainly hope you consider this option if you are thinking of furthering your education."
Timothy McCarragher, Ph.D., LISW-S,
School Director/Associate Professor