Joint Master's Degree Program Overview-UA Main Campus
Distance-learning technology, utilizing interactive video and audio systems, links faculty and students at the two institutions.
Use of Distance-Learning Technology
Using distance education technology, instructors teach across the miles between The University of Akron and Cleveland State University. Students at the two sites form the student body of the Joint MSW Program.
The Joint MSW Program offers:
- Preparation for the advanced practice of social work
- A degree program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- Part-time study
- Evening/weekend courses
- Regional field placements
- Advanced standing program for qualifying students with a BSW
2016 MSW Application Information-UA Main Campus
- MSW Admissions Cover Letter
- MSW Admission Guidelines
- MSW Application Checklist
- MSW Preferred Program Format
- MSW Applicant Recommendation Form
- The University of Akron Graduate School Application (Deadline Monday, 2/15/16)*
*Please note an increase in graduate application fees:
First time Domestic Applicants: $45.
First time International Applicants: $70.
- Application for A Graduate Assistantship (Please note: The School of Social Work does not require three additional references when applying for a graduate assistantship. Deadline Monday, 2/15/16)