MSW Program Overview-UA Main Campus
The MSW Program offers:
- Preparation for the advanced practice of social work
- A degree program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- Part-time study
- Evening/weekend courses
- Regional field placements
- Advanced standing program for qualifying students with a BSW
2018 MSW Application Information-UA Main Campus
- MSW Admissions Cover Letter
- MSW Admission Guidelines
- MSW Preferred Program Format
- MSW Applicant Recommendation Form
- The University of Akron Graduate School Application
*Please note an increase in graduate application fees:
- First time Domestic Applicants: $45
- First time International Applicants: $70
- Reapplication: $45
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
- What is the admission deadline?
- February 1, 2018: Review of the applications for Advanced Standing, full-time, and part-time will begin.
- February 15, 2018: Priority admissions for Advanced Standing, full-time, and part-time
- March 31, 2018: Deadline for applications to the Advanced Standing program
- June 15, 2018: Deadline for applications to the full-time and part-time programs
- When do classes begin?
- Advanced Standing evening program: Summer, 2018
- Full-time & part-time programs: Fall, 2018
- Do I need to attend any orientation sessions? Yes, you will need to attend two orientations: Field Orientation & Program Orientation.
- Wondering about your field education experience? Students may complete their field placements at agencies throughout the Northeast Ohio area (Click here).
- Who can I contact for additional assistance? Please call (330) 972-5275 or e-mail email@example.com.