MSW Program Overview-UA Wayne Campus
The MSW Program offers:
- Preparation for the advanced practice of social work
- A degree program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- Evening courses
- Regional field placements
- Advanced standing program for qualifying students with a BSW
2017 MSW Application Information-UA Wayne College
- Wayne College MSW Admissions Cover Letter
- Wayne College MSW Admission Guidelines
- Wayne College MSW Preferred Program Format Form
- Wayne College MSW Applicant Recommendation Form
- The University of Akron Graduate School Application
*Please note an increase in graduate application fees:
First time Domestic Applicants: $45
First time International Applicants: $70
- Application for A Graduate Assistantship should be sent electronically to email@example.com
(Deadline: March 31, 2017)
(Please note: The School of Social Work does not require three additional references when applying for a graduate assistantship.)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
- When can I submit my application for admission? Immediately
- What is the admission deadline?
- February 1, 2017: Review of the applications will begin (for Advanced Standing, full-time, and part-time).
- March 31, 2017: Deadline for applications to the Advanced Standing program
- June 30, 2017: Deadline for applications to the full-time and part-time programs
- Do I need to attend any orientation sessions? Yes, you will need to attend two orientations: Field Orientation & Program Orientation.
- What information can you provide about parking? Parking at Wayne College is free and readily available in several lots for student use.
- Wondering about your field education experience? Students may complete their field placements in the Wayne County area or at agencies throughout the Canton-Akron area (Click here).
- Who can I contact for additional assistance? Please contact Robert Terry, MSW Wayne Coordinator, at 330-972-8790 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Location, location, location!
- Wayne College is located at 1901 Smucker Rd., Orrville, Ohio 44667, set upon 160 acres on the north edge of the city of Orrville. A short drive from home can lead you to an exciting new career or the opportunity for promotion in a field you already love!
- Parking is free and readily available in several student parking areas on campus.
- Wayne College has its own library and is designated as an OhioLink site. Books, articles, and other library materials can be ordered from the main campus as needed and will be delivered to the Wayne College library.