The purpose of the Master of Social Work Student Association (MSWSA) is to promote and foster relationships between students and faculty involved in the Joint Master of Social Work Program at Cleveland State University and The University of Akron by:
- Advocating for the rights and needs of the students enrolled in the Joint MSW program;
- Improving and participating in activities that will further the purpose and goals of the social work profession;
- Hosting presentations by speakers from the professional community that keeps students abreast of the political, social, economic, and environmental trends locally and nationally;
- Encouraging lifelong learning in professional practice; and
- Conducting an annual MSWSA activity with Cleveland State University and The University of Akron
- Coordinate & promote programs which support the mission of both CSU & UA
visit us on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/uamswsa/
MSWSA 2015-16 Officers
President: Myrissa Powell
Secretary: Laurie Spenik
Treasurer: Tashmeen Huda
Faculty Advisor: Timothy McCarragher
Graduate Student Government (GSG) - All campuses/colleges
The Graduate Student Government (GSG) was founded in 2008 to support over 4,000 graduate students, and is open to all registered graduate students at The University of Akron.
The purpose of Graduate Student Government is to govern the affairs of graduate students in a manner specified by its constitution and bylaws; to determine the sentiment of all levels graduate students and the representation of sentiment at all levels of the University administration; to encourage social contacts between graduate students of all disciplines.
Undergraduate Student Social Work League (SSWL) - Akron CampusThe mission of the Student Social Work League is to provide an organization through which undergraduate students can and should become aware and involved in social issues; to support existing social service programs in the community, and to provide students with legislative information regarding social issues of common concern.
The mission of SSWL is also to provide networking opportunities in the professional social work community. Interested in League activities, photos, and overall updates - travel to OrgSync [go to organizations --> search Student Social Work League --> request to join!] and our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/uofakronsswl and leave us a post.
- SSWL 2015-16 Officers- Akron Campus
President: Martina Jones, email@example.com
Vice President: Lisa Koscick, firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary: Jenna Fierro, email@example.com
Treasurer: Sharon Cade, firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Chair: Jaizane Russell, email@example.com
Faculty Advisor: Michele Thornton
SSWL Meeting Dates for Fall, 2015
- Oct. 20 (Tues) or Oct. 22 (Thurs)
- Nov. 3 (Tues) or Nov. 5 (Thurs)
- Nov. 17 (Tues) or Nov. 19 (Thurs)
- Dec. 1 (Tues) or Dec. 3 (Thurs)
Note: Tuesday meetings are at 4:30 pm in Polsky 436.
Thursday meetings are at 7 pm in Polsky 419.
You can attend either the Tuesday or Thursday meeting. You do not need to attend both.
SWIFT 2015-16 Officers - Wayne College
President: Maggie Johnson firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice-President: Katie Pavick email@example.com
Secretary: Janelle Quinn firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Felicia Staniford email@example.com
Faculty Advisor: Lisa Crites
Find social work undergraduate and graduate student organizations on facebook and...
The Society was founded to honor those students who have demonstrated, by virtue of their academic performance and strength of character, that they exhibit excellence as representatives of the social work profession and as members of the university community.
Phi Alpha and Alpha, Alpha, Alpha 2015-16 Officers
President: to be announced
Vice-President: to be announced
Treasurer/Secretary: to be announced
Faculty Advisor: Linda McArdle