- Master's of Social Work Student Association (MSWSA)
An organization of master level social work students in the School of Social Work. This is an organization led by master level students and supported by an assigned faculty advisor.
The purpose of the Master of Social Work Student Association (MSWSA) is to promote and foster relationships between students and faculty involved in the Joint Master of Social Work Program at Cleveland State University and The University of Akron by:
- Advocating for the rights and needs of the students enrolled in the Joint MSW program;
- Improving and participating in activities that will further the purpose and goals of the social work profession;
- Hosting presentations by speakers from the professional community that keeps students abreast of the political, social, economic, and environmental trends locally and nationally;
- Encouraging lifelong learning in professional practice; and
- Conducting an annual MSWSA activity with Cleveland State University and The University of Akron
- Coordinate & promote programs which support the mission of both CSU & UA
visit us on facebook- https://www.facebook.com/uamswsa/
MSWSA 2014-15 Officers
President: Iriel Patterson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President: Ronak Makadia, email@example.com
Secretary: Margaret Munley, firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Jessica Rob, email@example.com
- Undergraduate Student Social Work League (SSWL)
The mission of the Student Social Work League is to provide an organization through which undergraduate students can and should become aware and involved in social issues; to support existing social service programs in the community, and to provide students with legislative information regarding social issues of common concern.
The mission of SSWL is also to provide networking opportunities in the professional social work community. Interested in League activities, photos, and overall updates - travel to OrgSync uakron.edu/orgsync [go to organizations --> search Student Social Work League --> request to join!] and our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/uofakronsswl and leave us a post.
SSWL 2014-15 Officers
President: Steve Harrington, firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President: Rebecca Marsich, email@example.com
Secretary: Laura McKee, firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Carl Slaton, email@example.com
- Student Organization Resource Center (SOuRCe)
A place for students looking to get involved in a student organization or want to explore the more than 290+ organizations on campus. With the help of OrgSync, UA's newest online tool for organizations, students can search for organizations 24/7.
Find social work undergraduate and graduate student organizations on facebook and...
- Phi Alpha National Social Work Honor Society -Graduate Level
The purpose of Phi Alpha Honor Society is to provide a closer bond among students of social work and promote humanitarian goals and ideals. Phi Alpha fosters high standards of education for social workers and invites into membership those who have excellence in scholarship and achievement in social work.
The concept of a national social work honor society came from a group of undergraduate social work students at Michigan State University in 1960. Investigation revealed that local chapters formed a National Honor society Committee in November 1960. For more than a year this committee worked on the constitution and other administrative matters. The name Phi Alpha and the key were adopted from the local chapter which existed at Florida State University. The Constitution and formal organization were completed in 1962, and six chapters quailed to become “charter chapters”. They were Florida State College, University of Dayton and the University of Tennessee. Over 110 Chapters are now in existence, and the addition of new chapters is continuing. The University of Akron Chapter was newly formed in 2008.
- Alpha Alpha Alpha & Phi Alpha National Honor Societies - Undergraduate Level
Alpha Alpha Alpha Honor Society was established in 1978 by John H. Ramey as an honorary fellowship of Social Work students at the University of Akron.
The Society was founded to honor those students who have demonstrated, by virtue of their academic performance and strength of character, that they exhibit excellence as representatives of the social work profession and as members of the university community.