UA has a vested interest
in our Faculty & Staff's health & wellness!
The monthly price for a Faculty/Staff membership is now $10/month, or $120 a year!
Faculty/Staff members also are able to choose one additional person of their choice (over the age of 17) for an additional $10/month.
This special pricing is just for Faculty & Staff. With this opportunity to inform you of our new rates, Student Recreation and Wellness Services would also like to remind you of a few items we consider important in making your decision to join as a member. Please consider that our operation is not your 365 days, 7 days a week, 24 for profit health center or club; our focus is to bring the campus community together through our vision of Health, Fun and Friendship.
Other items to consider with membership:
- Our schedule is in accordance with all University emergency closings, holidays, scheduled maintenance, special events and UA Athletics games and meets. We may also adjust facility schedules periodically to accommodate staff training to fulfill our mission to educate and develop students.
- Child care is not an available service. Currently our facility and programs have limitations for those under the age of 18.
- Some additional programming opportunities are not available for Faculty and Staff Members (please call for more details).
- Parking services and decisions related to them are not controlled by SRWS; members must pay for a yearly parking pass or utilize the parking meters in and near Lot 8 and James A Rhodes Arena.
- If you have additional questions, please let us know.
Benefits for Members:
- 200,000 square ft. state of the art facilities and equipment; including 250 pieces of cardio and strength training equipment, 2 pools, 5 gyms, and the tallest climbing wall in Ohio.
- Members receive discounts on many services such as personal training, massage, swim lessons, wellness services, and many other special programs.
- Members also receive one free fitness assessment a year through Wellness Services.
- Investing not only in you but The University of Akron's campus community. Knowing that you are supporting students by being an advocate and leader by modeling balanced and healthy lifestyles.
- Helping build community and tradition at The University of Akron.
Student Recreation & Wellness Center
- Leisure pool
- 30 person spa
- 1/10 mile walking/jogging track
- Cardiovascular & Strength training equipment
- 5 multi-function gymnasiums
- Two group exercise studios
- 53 ft. climbing rock + bouldering cave
- Adventure Services + Adventure Gear Rentals
- Two multi purpose classrooms
- Olympic size pool
- 8 racquetball courts
- Cardiovascular & strength equipment
Programs: (do not have to be a member to enjoy)
- Use of Ocasek Natatorium is still no charge for Faculty/Staff.
- ZipFit - am employee wellness program in which teams of five compete and earn points based on amount of physical activity and fruit & vegetable intake.
- Intramurals - Employee Intramural Softball offered every summer.
- Adventure Trips & Seminars - Outdoor Adventure day, weekend, & weeklong trips offered. Seminars on adventure based activities also available.
- Triathlon - Fall & Spring there is an indoor sprint triathlon offered. An 8 week training class in all disciplines precedes the actual event.
- Wellness Testing and Massage at discounted rates.
See faculty & staff testimonials