Our group exercise classes are included in your membership and may be attended on a drop-in basis. No registration required! We offer a variety of formats including cardio-based, toning and strength, water, cycling and yoga. The group exercise studios are located on the upper level of the Student Recreation & Wellness Center.
We recommend using the guidelines below to help you determine what level of classes is best for you and your fitness goals.
The Group Exercise schedule is subject to change, and classes may be cancelled due to low participation.
(for land-based formats)
• Class participation is on a first-come, first-served basis for drop-in classes.
• There is a 10-minute grace period after which class is closed to late-coming participants. This policy ensures proper warm up for participant safety.
• Appropriate athletic attire is required.
• Athletic footwear only permitted on wooden floors. Bare feet or socks permitted for mind-body classes only.
• Participants are required to follow the instructed format.
• Beverages permitted in closed, plastic bottles only.
• No food or gum permitted in studios.
Our group exercise classes are taught by highly-qualified, nationally certified student instructors. If you are interested in learning more about how to become certified in group exercise or employment opportunities, contact our Group Exercise Graduate Assistant at email@example.com or 330-972-8373.
Currently accepted certifications include ACE, AEA, AFAA, ACSM-HFI and NETA.
Specialty certifications such as Zumba®, TurboKick®, YogaFit®, etc. are also accepted.