ZipFit is an individual and team based challenge in which participants complete a variety of fun and exciting activities related to health and wellness. Members will work toward a weekly goal of 100 points that are earned through those activities.
The goal of the challenge is:
- To promote individual awareness/education of a healthy lifestyle
- To promote physical activity as a part of one’s lifestyle
- To assist participants in creating and achieving personal wellness goals
- To provide an activity that is healthy, educational, and FUN
- To encourage and develop peer support
- To increase awareness of fitness and wellness opportunities at The University of Akron SRWC
The ZipFit Challenge will run Monday, February 17, 2014 through Thursday, April 17, 2014
*Bonus Week begins Monday, February 10, 2014*
- Kick Off Event: Wednesday February 26, 2014
- Mid-Point Event: TBD
- End Event: Thursday April 17th
Member of SRWC: $10 per person for Individuals or $7 per person for a Team Member
Non-Member of SRWC: $20 per person for Individuals or $17 per person for a Team Member.
*Cost includes membership at the SRWC for duration of program*
Each participant will receive a ZipFit Challenge T-shirt and be eligible for prizes at events and program awards!
T-Shirt Design Contest
Put your creativity to the test, submit a T-shirt design for the official ZipFit 2014 Challenge. All entries must be received by March 12, 2014. An administrative team will select the top submissions which will be then voted on by all ZipFit participants following the midpoint of the challenge.
Helpful Links for Physical Activity & Nutrition
The University of Akron Nutrition Center
The Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
American Heart Association
America On the Move
Activity Calorie Counters/Activity Ideas - For hundreds of activities to find out estimated caloric output.