Favorite Activity inside the Rec:
Cycling Rock Climbing
Favorite Activity outside the Rec:
“May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds.” Edward Abbey
About: I am a Zip thru and thru. I grew up in the Akron area and have been a part of UA since I was very young, attending Acme Zips football game with my family. I received my B.S. in Industrial Management and M.S. in Education with a focus on Sport Management. I worked in the private sector for 8 years before coming to UA. I started working with The University of Akron Student Recreation and Wellness Services in 2004 and have worked professionally in the recreation field for over 18 years. The University of Akron is a great place to be and I am proud to be a Zip! I now live with my wife and pets in Hudson, Ohio. We enjoy spending time in the community and our local parks.
In my free time, I can be found climbing rock and ice, hiking, mountain biking, kayaking, and trail running.
- American Red Cross – First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor
- American Canoe Association Adaptive Paddling Instructor
- American Canoe Association Kayak Instructor Trainer
- American Mountain Guides Association – Climbing Wall Instructor
- NSPF Certified Pool Operator
- Leave No Trace – Instructor
- Wilderness First Responder
- I Drive Safely – Van Driving