Open Kayaking/Stand Up Paddleboarding
Do you need a place to practice your kayaking skills? Come on down to the pool and practice your paddling skills or learn new techniques. Offered weekly, open kayaking is a designated time for recreational kayaking in the ONAT pool. Instructors are available for limited instruction however open kayaking is not a structured course. All boats, life jackets (PFD) and paddles are provided. No experience required. All participants must be 18yrs or older. Life jackets (PFD) are required for all kayakers.
Personal boats are permitted - all boats must be clean and free of any debris.
- University of Akron Students: Free
- SRWS Members/Faculty/Staff: Free
- Non Members: $10/session or $80 for a semester pass. Passes must be purchased at the SRWS Information Office.
Dates: TBD for the Fall Semester
Time: TBD for the Fall Semester
Open Kayaking Policies and Procedures:
- All participants must be 18yrs or older
- All participants must complete a waiver prior to participating
- All participants must wear a Type III personal flotation device (life jacket)
- Personal boats are permitted- all boats must be clean and free of debris
- Participants who use a spray skirt must be able to demonstrate and effective and efficient wet exit while using the skirt
- All participants must follow posted pool rules
- Check in is TBD for the Fall Semester
- First thing community members need to do is go to the Rec Check-in desk and info office to pay $10. If they need a member to sponsor them, you can have any Outdoor Adventure Staff sponsor them.
- If a community member enters in through the ONAT entrance, please inform them they need to go to Rec center check-in desk and info office to pay.
- Once they pay, they will get a wrist band from the supervisor.
- Facility Waiver needs to be signed.
- Have them go to the leisure pool storage and meet with Outdoor Adventure Staff to get any gear needed to go kayaking and to sign-in.