Sharon A. Lesner, Ph.D
Department: Speech-Lang Path & Audiology
Representative Research Publications
- Lesner, S.A. & Klingler, M. (2011). Apps with amps: Mobile devices, hearing assistive technology and older adults. The ASHA Leader, 16(12), 14-17.
- Sandridge, S.A., Newman, C.W., & Lesner, S.A. (2011). Becoming a better preceptor: The evaluation process. The Hearing Journal, 64(11), 18-23.
- Lesner, S.A., Sandridge, S.A., & Newman, C.W. (2011). Becoming a better preceptor: The adult learner. The Hearing Journal, 64(9), 29-34.
- Newman, C.W., Sandridge, S.A., & Lesner, S. A. (2011). Becoming a better preceptor: The clinic as classroom. The Hearing Journal, 64(7), 10-18.
- Newman, C.W., Sandridge, S.A., & Lesner, S.A. (2011). Becoming a better preceptor: The fundamentals. The Hearing Journal, 64(5), 20, 22, 24-27.
- Lesner,S.A. (2008). Consortium and Cooperation Among Au.D. Programs. The Hearing Journal, 62, 29S.
- Chisolm, T, Johnson, C.E., Danhauer, J.L., Portz, L.J.P., Abrams, H.B. Lesner, S., McCarthy, P.A., & Newman, C.W. (2007). A systematic review of health-related quality of life and hearing aids: Final report of the American Academy of Audiology task force on the health-related quality of life benefits of amplification in adults. Journal of the American Academy of Audiology, 18(2), 151-183.
- Audiologic Treatment of Adults
- Hearing Assistance Technology
- Educating Preceptors
- Application of the Transtheoretical Model of Intentional Behavior Change to Reluctant Hearing Aid Patients
Doctoral Courses Taught
- Adult Hearing Aid Fitting
- Hearing Aid Technology
- Evaluation and Treatment of Balance Disorders
Undergraduate Courses Taught
- Audiologic Rehabilitation