The goal of the program is to provide athletic training students with comprehensive training through coursework and clinical experiences in the areas of:
- Risk Management and Injury Prevention
- Pathology of Injury and Illness
- Orthopedic Clinical Examination and Diagnosis
- Medical Conditions and Disabilities
- Acute Care of Injuries and Illnesses
- Therapeutic Modalities
- Conditioning and Rehabilitative Exercise
- Psychosocial Intervention and Referral
- Nutritional Aspects of Injuries and Illnesses
- Health Care Administration
- Professional Development and Responsibility
A Curriculum Guide has been developed to provide you with the proper sequencing of courses to ensure that you meet all academic requirements of The University of Akron, College of Education, and the Athletic Training Education Program.
Students must meet the following criteria to be eligible for graduation:
- Have obtained FULL admittance into the College of Education.
- Successfully complete all University of Akron requirements.
- Successfully complete all required Athletic Training Education Program coursework and clinical education.
- Pass all designated Athletic Training education courses with a "C" or better.
- Possess a minimum over-all GPA of 2.5.
- Have completed all Athletic Training Education Competencies & Proficiencies.
- Complete exit interview with ATEP faculty.
- Complete exit evaluations of the Athletic Training Education Program.