Exercise Science Fundamentals
The exercise science program prepares students through the study of movement to pursue careers in health and fitness instruction, personal training, strength and conditioning, and cardiac rehabilitation.
- There is unparalleled interest in sport, exercise and recreation. So that our students are competitive in the job market, specialization is available through four specific concentrations:
- Physiological Sciences
- Fitness Management
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Sport Coaching/Strength and Conditioning
- Affords students the opportunity to pursue a variety of employment opportunities in the sport and recreation industry.
- Exercise Science also prepares students for graduate studies in sport management, sport behavior, sport science and coaching.
- are innovative, interactive and experienced in the filed of sport and recreation
- use multimedia technology to enhance classroom learning
- are active in current research, national organizations and local community agencies
- encourage students to be critical thinkers and problem solvers
The School of Sport Science and Wellness Education, located in InfoCision Stadium, offers a variety of resources for its students, including:
- state-of-the-art laboratory and equipment required for knowledge-base learning
- opportunities to aid faculty in a variety of research projects
Real World Experience
- Required practicum experience for each student, minimum of 150 hours
- Service learning built into coursework
- Collaboration with professionals in the sport and recreation industry
Education Student Organizations
- SESC (Sport and Exercise Science Club) affords students opportunities to promote professional activity and networking in the sport and exercise science field through participation in conferences, clinics and club activities.