Tax Information (1098T)
If you had qualified education expenses that were billed during the tax year, a 1098T form should be mailed in the month of January for the prior tax year. If grants and scholarships exceed the qualifying educational expenses for the same year, you will not receive a statement. The University staff cannot advise whether or not you qualify for a tax credit.
If you misplaced your 1098-T form or have other questions, you can call the office or log in to My Akron to view and print the form. We receive a lot of phone calls about the 1098-T, so please be patient.
To reprint your 1098-T form
Log in to My Akron
- Click Student Center
- In the "Finances" section, click the dropdown box and select "View 1098-T"
- Click the "Go" button
- Select the tax year you want to view
- Turn off pop-up blockers.
- You may have to "Grant Consent" to view your 1098-T online.
- Your 1098-T information should appear for you to review or print.
Why didn't I receive a 1098-T form for the year?
You may not receive a 1098-T. A few of the reasons are:
- You had no eligible tuition charges billed during the year.
- Your grants and scholarships exceeded the "billed" eligible tuition charges for the year.
- You had adjustments (registration and or financial aid) from the prior year that offset the current year's billed charges.
- For additional information, please refer to the IRS rules.