How to Join
Joining a fraternity or a sorority can be a very exciting experience! We encourage you to get to know multiple chapters and to ask a lot of questions, in order to allow yourself to make the most informed decision. Fraternities and sororities have been a part of The University of Akron community for 140 years!
As you navigate your college experience, we encourage you to consider becoming a part of this long standing UA tradition. The beginning of Fall semester is the main recruitment period for our fraternities and sororities. Click below to learn more about joining a fraternity or sorority!
By joining a fraternity or sorority you will become part of something that is greater than yourself and you will be exposed to a large network of collegiate members that can help you learn and grow in college. You will also gain a large support system of alumni, who support our chapter members by providing advice, internships, networking, and job opportunities.
We are proud of our fraternity and sorority community, its diversity, its accomplishments and each person’s unique contributions to its achievements. We hope you will take the time to learn more about fraternity and sorority life!
Did You Know:
- 7 out of 10 people listed in Who’s Who are fraternity and sorority members.
- A U.S. Government study shows that over 70% of fraternity and sorority members graduate, while less than 50% of non-Greeks graduate.
- In the past year, undergraduate fraternity and sorority members across the nation raised approximately $18 million per year for charities.
- In the past year, undergraduate fraternity and sorority members gave approximately 3.15 million hours to hands-on service.
- Studies show that fraternity and sorority alumni are more satisfied with the social and cultural aspects of the college experience than non-affiliated students.
- With all of the power in these amazing statistics, only 2% of the population are members of fraternities and sororities. However, this 2% is a very powerful group of individuals.