What is OrgSync?
OrgSync is a web application that allows students and faculty to join, organize, manage and communicate with registered student organizations and their members and stay updated on campus events. It may even resemble a “Facebook” atmosphere strictly for The University of Akron’s campus. See Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
Contact the SOuRCe to organize a training to help you or your group best utilize OrgSync by emailing one of our Graduate Assistants at email@example.com.
How do I log-in?
UA students, faculty/staff or alumni can log in by visiting www.uakron.edu/orgsync. Here, you’ll be prompted to provide your UANet ID and password. First-time users will be directed to set-up their profiles.
How do I join the organizations that I am a member of in order to stay informed?
Once you have logged in, click on the green "Browse Organizations" button near the top of the Community Page. Here, you can browse our list of organizations and can request to join them to stay involved!
How do I grant another student "administrator" access to my organization?
- First, make sure that the person to whom you need to grant “administrative” access is a member of your organization on OrgSync.
- Once he or she is added, a current administrator can search for them using the "People" tab within the group's page and choose to elevate them to "administrator" status within the organization by clicking the "Options" button next to their name and modifying their current "Account Group".
- Administrative access will provide a particular person with complete access and rights to manage a group's OrgSync portal.
- It is recommended to limit the number of administrators.
How do I post my events to the Student Life calendar?
- Administrators of groups can add events to their group’s calendar by clicking on the "Calendar" function within the group's page.
- Click on the desired date and choose to "Create Event".
- Once you fill out the event details, be sure to click "Request to share this event on the community calendar".
- This will send a message to the SOuRCe that a posting needs to be reviewed.
- Due to limited space, we are unable to post weekly meetings to the calendar and other events will be approved with Student Life employee discretion.
How can I create a website for my organization?
Organizations can utilize the website builder as an administrator of a group by clicking the "Website" tab within the group's page. Should you need assistance building your site, contact Alison Doehring at firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I learn more about using OrgSync?
The SOuRCe hosts trainings throughout the fall and spring semesters that allow for you to have a more hands-on training. Contact the SOuRCe to organize a training to help you or your group best utilize OrgSync by emailing one of our Graduate Assistants at email@example.com
Fall and Spring Semester
Monday-Thursday: 8 am - 8 pm
Friday: 8 am - 5 pm
Monday-Friday: 8 am - 4:30 pm
1st Floor, Student Union Located in the Center for Service and Leadership: Room 133
All Liaisons- 330-972-2483
Kalyn Jorgenson- 330-972-6504
Abby Forman- 330-972-5979
Connect with Organizations...