Annual Registration Process
All officially recognized student organizations must re-register with The Department of Student Life and the SOuRCe each academic year. Registration must be completed by the end of the third week in September. If registration expires, all privileges are forfeited until registration is completed. Upon completion of registration, all privileges will be reinstated.
Organizations that fail to register for two consecutive years will lose their status as a recognized student organization and will be required to go through the New Student Organization Recognition process.
Registered Student Organization Privileges
Privileges and resources shall be available to officially recognized student organizations currently registered with the Department of Student Life, including, but not limited to the following:
- Eligibility to apply for funding through the Undergraduate Activities Fund (UAF) or Extracurricular Activities Fund (EAF).
- Use of Student Union and campus facilities (i.e., meeting rooms and concourse tables).
- Participation in all campus events such as Homecoming (eligibility to nominate candidates for Homecoming King and Queen) and the LIFE awards
- Participation in available educational and developmental student organization resources and workshops as provided by the SOuRCe.
- Use of The University of Akron name, trademark, and logo, per University policy with written approval.
- Limited insurance coverage as an official university organization.
- Access to an OrgSync account
Definition of Good Standing
In order to be considered an "active" member of a student organization, the student must be in Good Standing with the University of Akron. The definition of Good Standing implies that:
- Undergraduate students must have at least a 2.0 GPA
- Graduate students must have at least a 3.0 GPA
- Law students must have at least a 2.0 GPA
- Must be clear of academic probation or suspension.
- Must be clear of disciplinary probation or suspension.
- Must be clear of unsatisfied financial obligations to the university.
- Must be in good standing as defined by the student's academic college or program.
Fall and Spring Semester
Monday-Thursday: 8 am - 8 pm
Friday: 8 am - 5 pm
Monday-Friday: 8 am - 4:30 pm
1st Floor, Student Union Located in the Center for Service and Leadership: Room 133
All Liaisons- 330-972-2483
Kalyn Jorgensen- 330-972-6504
Abby Forman- 330-972-5979
Connect with Organizations...