Student Organization Financial Accounts
All registered student organizations at The University of Akron have 2 accounts:
- Undergraduate Organizations: UAF & SAF
- Blended Organizations: UAF & SAF
- Graduate Organizations: EAF & SAF
- The UAF/EAF accounts are funded via Undergraduate Student Government (USG) and Graduate Student Government (GSG). Student organizations may request money for projects and travel through the Budget Management System on OrgSync.
- The SAF account is funded by the specific organizations by means of fundraising, donations, membership fees, etc.
- Organizations that are traveling or making purchases using SAF/UAF/EAF funds should not incur tax. As an extension of the University, student organizations are eligible for tax exemption.
- Ohio Tax Exempt Form is from the state of Ohio, the form does not show the University's tax exempt number
- The University Blanket Certificate of Exemption is a University tax exempt form which shows the University tax exempt number.
- The Other State Tax Exemption Forms is a list showing which states have provided The University of Akron with a tax exempt status. Please read the attached certificates to find out what the exemption is for, i.e. goods, hotel stays, services etc.
- Registered student organizations traveling on behalf of the University or for official organization business/events are eligible to receive discounted rental vehicle rates. Enterprise and National are the two companies that maintain a relationship with The University of Akron. The SOuRCe recommends utilizing Enterprise and National for all rental car/van needs.”
- Enterprise – 950 E. Market St, Akron, OH 44305 is the closest Enterprise to campus
- National – 5400 Lauby Rd, North Canton, OH 44720 (Akron-Canton Airport) is the closest National to campus
|If you or your student organization
has any questions regarding financial
information, please contact:
Sample Financial Documents
In order to access funds (SAF/EAF/UAF) for your organization, you must first complete a Student Organization Request Form, also known as a SORF. Here is a sample of an accurately completed form:
If your organization has recently completed a fundraiser, was given a donation, or has a deposit to make, please bring your funds to the SOuRCe with a completed Deposit Form. The SOuRCe staff will re-check the deposit and will ensure the funds are safely delivered to the appropriate office on campus. All deposits are placed into your organization's SAF account - these funds typically post to your budget within two business days.
Fall and Spring Semester
Market your Organization!