Sample Financial Documents
In order access funds (SAF/EAF/UAF) for your organization, you must first complete a Student Organization Request Form, also known as a SORF. Here is a sample of an accurately completed form:
If your organization has recently completed a fundraiser, was given a donation, or has a deposit to make, please bring your funds to the SOuRCe with a completed Deposit Form. The SOuRCe staff will re-check the deposit and will ensure the funds are safely delivered to the appropriate office on campus. All deposits are placed into your organization's SAF account - these funds typically post to your budget within two business days.
Student Organization Financial Accounts
All registered student organizations at The University of Akron have 2 accounts:
- Undergraduate Organizations: UAF & SAF
- Blended Organizations: UAF & SAF
- Graduate Organizations: EAF & SAF
- “The UAF/EAF accounts are funded via Undergraduate Student Government (USG) and Graduate Student Government (GSG). Student organizations may request money for projects and travel through the Budget Management System on OrgSync.”
- “The SAF account is funded by the specific organizations by means of fundraising, donations, membership fees, etc.”
- Organizations that are traveling or making purchases using SAF/UAF/EAF funds should not incur tax. As an extension of the University, student organizations are eligible for tax exemption.
- Ohio Tax Exempt Form is from the state of Ohio, the form does not show the University's tax exempt number
- The University Blanket Certificate of Exemption is a University tax exempt form which shows the University tax exempt number.
- The Other State Tax Exemption Forms is a list showing which states have provided The University of Akron with a tax exempt status. Please read the attached certificates to find out what the exemption is for, i.e. goods, hotel stays, services etc.
- Registered student organizations traveling on behalf of the University or for official organization business/events are eligible to receive discounted rental vehicle. Enterprise is the primary company the SOuRCe recommends for all rental car/van needs.
- University Enterprise Link – 950 E. Market St. is the closet Enterprise to campus
- Registered student organizations traveling on behalf of the University or for official organization business/events are eligible to receive discounted rental vehicle rates. Enterprise and National are the two companies that maintain a relationship with The University of Akron. The SOuRCe recommends utilizing Enterprise and National for all rental car/van needs.”
- Enterprise – 950 E. Market St, Akron, OH 44305 is the closest Enterprise to campus
- National - 5400 Lauby Rd, North Canton, OH 44720 (Akron-Canton Airport) is the closest National to campus
|If you or your student organization
has any questions regarding financial
information, please contact:
Student Organizations Financial Specialist
Fall and Spring Semester
Monday-Thursday: 8 am - 8 pm
Friday: 8 am - 5 pm
Monday-Friday: 8 am - 4:30 pm
1st Floor, Student Union Located in the Center for Service and Leadership: Room 133
All Liaisons- 330-972-2483
Kalyn Jorgensen- 330-972-6504
Abby Forman- 330-972-5979
Connect with Organizations...