Student Leadership Resources
One of the main objectives for the SOuRCe is to help develop strong student leaders. The SOuRCe provides a variety of outlets and means of leadership development engagement for our student organizations. Below are a few important documents and resources that we hope will help you manage your organization!
The SOuRCe provides yearly updates to the Registered Student Organization Manual. Please refer to this document for important policies and clarification on processes.
- Leadership Retreats are required for recognized groups at The University of Akron to become an officially registered organization on campus. These retreats provide student organization leaders the opportunity to learn more about University policies, SOuRCe programs and resources, and financial information.”
- Involvement Fairs are a way for students to network with student organizations. The four involvement fairs held throughout the year offer students a glimpse into great ways to get involved on campus and to learn about what the student orgs have to offer at The University of Akron.
- RooFest is The University of Akron’s largest involvement fair and takes place in the Student Union during New Roo Weekend.
- Fall and Spring Involvement Fairs are smaller involvement fairs held in the Student Union.
- In collaboration with the Rec Center, the Rec Sports Showcase gives students the opportunity to learn more about getting involved with club sports and intramurals.
- Leadership Luncheons are a part of the SOuRCe campaign to engage the student population in leadership development topics and skills. These informal events allow students to come enjoy free lunch while listening to different speakers address a specific topic pertaining to leadership.
- Fall Semester Dates: Sept 17, Oct 16, and November 12.
Fall and Spring Semester
Monday-Thursday: 8 am - 8 pm
Friday: 8 am - 5 pm
Monday-Friday: 8 am - 4:30 pm
1st Floor, Student Union Located in the Center for Service and Leadership: Room 133
All Liaisons- 330-972-2483
Kalyn Jorgensen- 330-972-6504
Abby Forman- 330-972-5979
Connect with Organizations...
Sample Financial Documents
In order to access funds (SAF/EAF/UAF) for your organization, you must first complete a Student Organization Request Form, also known as a SORF. Here is a sample of an accurately completed form:
If your organization has recently completed a fundraiser, was given a donation, or has a deposit to make, please bring your funds to the SOuRCe with a completed Deposit Form. The SOuRCe staff will re-check the deposit and will ensure the funds are safely delivered to the appropriate office on campus. All deposits are placed into your organization's SAF account - these funds typically post to your budget within two business days.