Alison E. Doehring
Coordinator, Civic Engagement
- Oversee the 290+ registered student organizations on campus and the Student Organization Resource Center (SOuRCe)
- Develop leadership and involvement programs for interested students, organization leaders and Campus Advisors including; Campus Advisor Breakfasts, Student Leader Roundtables, Leadership Retreats, and much more!
- Collaborate with local non-profits and campus colleagues to provide diverse programs and services related to involvement, leadership development, community service, and global citizenship
- Oversee OrgSync, the University’s organizational management and campus involved tool
- Oversee a variety of programs, events, and awareness days/weeks including; RooFest, Student Org. Showcase, Fall/Spring Volunteer Fairs, 9/11 Day of Remembrance & Service, Volunteer Week, Volunteer Week, Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week, many more!
- Oversee service and volunteer programs such as; Make A Difference Day, Alternative Spring Break, Super Service Saturdays, Weekday Service Events, MLK Day of Service, Fall/Spring Into the Streets, and a variety of donation drives (school supplies, canned goods, winter necessities, etc.)
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice Technology, University of Akron
- Bachelor of Science in Emergency Management, University of Akron
- Master of Science in Higher Education Administration, University of Akron
Interests & Hobbies
Golfing, bike rides, learning how to cook/bake, visiting with family and friends, and when time permits….traveling
What do you like about The University of Akron?
The students! I enjoy working with a diverse population of motivated and involved students that take advantage of the GREAT resources, services, programs, and events we offer! Not to mention the ZIPS pride that exists across campus!
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful people can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has" - Margaret Mead