Alison E. Doehring
Coordinator, Civic Engagement
- Oversee the 260+ registered student organizations on campus and the Student Organization Resource Center (SOuRCe)
- Develop leadership programs for student organization leaders and Campus Advisors including; Gears Of A Leader Series (GOALS), Helping Organization With…(HOW), and monthly Leadership Retreats
- Oversee a variety of programs, events, and awareness days/weeks including; RooFest, Student Org. Showcase, Fall/Spring Volunteer Fairs, 9/11 Day of Remembrance, Volunteer Week, and Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week
- Oversee service and volunteer programs such as; Make A Difference Day, Alternative Spring Break, Super Service Saturdays, MLK Day of Service, Fall/Spring Into the Streets programs, and a variety of donation drives (school supplies, canned goods, winter necessities, etc.)
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice Technology, University of Akron
- Bachelor of Science in Emergency Management, University of Akron
- Master of Science in Higher Education Administration, University of Akron
Interests & Hobbies
Golfing, bike rides, learning how to cook/bake, visiting with family and friends, and when time permits….traveling
What do you like about The University of Akron?
The students! I enjoy working with a diverse population of motivated and involved students that take advantage of the GREAT resources, services, programs, and events we offer! Not to mention the ZIPS pride that exists across campus!
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful people can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has" - Margaret Mead