Student Union Policies
Hours of Operation Policies
- The Department of Student Life reserves the right to designate appropriate days during the year that the Student Union will be CLOSED.
- The Student Union will observe the holiday schedule approved by the Board of Trustees annually.
- The Department of Student Life is responsible for compiling and publishing the Hours of Operation for all areas in the Student Union.
- The hours are collaboratively determined by all areas of the building.
- In order to be of greater service to the University community and the Akron area community, building hours of the Student Union may be extended upon request and availability. A request for extended building hours must be submitted 10 calendar days prior to the event.
- An additional charge will be assessed to the USER to cover staffing for special or early opening and/or special or late closing of the facility.
- Extended building hours for all events must comply with all Student Union and University policies.
Assistant Dean or designee has the right to waive this policy.