Department of Applied General and Technical Studies
Our courses provide students a comprehensive, flexible, liberal arts education. Our general education courses provide a solid foundation for every degree or career.
You will learn the fundamental skills of:
- Reading Comprehension
- Technical Mathematics
- Social Sciences
Our courses emphasize:
- Analyzing information
- Formulating solutions
- Communicating clearly and concisely
Associate of Arts and Associate of Science Degrees
The Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degrees teach students to think critically and creatively about their perceptions of ideas, events and people. These programs are designed to position the traditional or nontraditional student for successful employment or career advancement. Students who have already earned some college credits can complete our general studies degree which may lead to more focused study at the baccalaureate level.
- Associate of Arts (AA) Degree program (63 minimum credits)
- Associate of Science (AAS) Degree program (63 minimum credits)
Associate of Technical Studies Degree
The Associate of Technical Studies (ATS) enables students to combine certifications (state, national, vendor), earned through an educational entity or a place of employment, with general education courses to meet the associate degree requirements. More information.
- Professional Writing Certificate (14 credits) - Earn a certificate to enhance your writing skills for a wide variety of business settings.
- Technical Math Certificate (11 credits) - Earn a certificate in the application of technical mathematics for the workplace, specifically an industrial setting.
- Workplace Writing Certificate (11 credits) - Develop diverse writing skills that can be applied to pragmatic workplace scenarios.
- Supervision and Management (21 credits) - Provides knowledge and skills to the new and existing supervisor as well as to the individual who aspires to a supervisory position.