Lawrence Gilpatric, M.S., CEC, CCE, CHA, FMP
Title: Professor, Hospitality Management
Department: Business Technology
Office: Polsky 183-J
- Foodservice Management Professional National Restaurant Association (FMP)
- Certified Executive Chef (CEC)
- Certified Culinary Educator American Culinary Federation (CCE)
Professor Lawrence Gilpatric has been at The University of Akron since 1995. Prior to that he was an instructor of culinary arts and then assistant professor of hospitality management at Gateway Community and Technical College in New Haven, Conn., for seven years.
He has more than 20 years of hospitality industry experience as a country club manager, restaurant manager, chef, banquet chef, line cook, breakfast cook, bartender, waiter and maitre d' hotel.
- Master of Science, Organizational Management Central Connecticut State University
- Bachelor of Science, Business Charter Oak State College, Connecticut
- Associate in Science, Hotel Food Service Management Manchester Community-Technical College, Connecticut
- FMP; Foodservice Management Professional National Restaurant Association
- FMP; Foodservice Management Professional National • CEC; Certified Executive Chef
- CCE; Certified Culinary Educator American Culinary Federation
- Additional graduate courses completed at The University of Akron, Southern Connecticut State University, The University of Connecticut and The University of New Haven.