Hospitality Management offers specialized and practical course experience with options in restaurant management, hotel and lodging operations, and culinary arts. Training is focused on helping students to develop their own operational systems and management structure to broaden their career base in the highly interrelated fields within the hospitality industry. Hospitality Management students also manage their own full service restaurant, The Crystal Room Restaurant, located in Gallucci Hall.
Download the Hospitality Management brochure.
Program Mission Statement:
The mission of the Hospitality Management Program is to prepare professionally responsible and competent individuals to lead others who will make meaningful contributions to the hospitality industry, their communities and develop a global perspective.
Goals of the Hospitality Management Program include:
- Critical Thinking – Provide students with an educational environment that encourages critical thinking and problem solving so that active and integrated learning may occur.
- Communication Skills – Enhance and accelerate the development of students’ reading, writing, and speaking skills.
- Technology – Provide programs that promote the understanding, application, and the use of current technology.
- Workforce Preparation – Provide educational programs through which students can obtain knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to begin or continue their career and professionally compete in a global marketplace.
- Ethics / Citizenship – Encourage ethical decision making through responsible action toward peers, the university, the community, environmental issues and multicultural understanding.
- Diversity – Promote diversity by enabling all individuals regardless of age, economic status, disability or ethnic background to meet their intended educational objectives.
- Teaching – Use methods that accommodate student differences in learning abilities, style, aptitude, and background.
- Assessment – Review, evaluate, and update program goals, outcomes, and program curriculum continuously.
- Student Retention – Create an atmosphere that fosters student retention and progress toward completion of their academic programs.
- Walt Disney World
- Westfield Country Club
- Portage Country Club
- Sheraton Suites
- Marriott Hotels
- Hilton Hotels
- Palotta Pastries
Scholarships Available to Hospitality Students
Hospitality Club & Garde Manger Club
Ice & Vegetable Carving Festival - January 2012 (see pics)
Hospitality Students WOW us with Vegetable Carving Skills (photos)
Chef Alford Demonstrates Ice Carving
Hospitality Management News