Faculty and peer tutors are available during the academic year (not summer) to assist students who are having difficulty in most math courses, with a special focus on Basic Math I, Basic Math II, and math courses offered within the College.
The Math Lab is located in Polsky 332. Appointments are required and can be made by calling 330-972-7046. Advance appointments are highly recommended with a limited number of drop-in appointments available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Work with a tutor to:
- Review class notes, texts, and homework to deepen understandings of class concepts and materials.
- Prepare for tests and exams.
- Use technology to develop and reinforce the basic skills necessary to master more complicated concepts in mathematics.
- Build better math study skills.
- Control math anxiety.
Students who use the Math Lab are expected to:
- Go to class, listen attentively, take notes, and ask questions of your instructor to clarify misunderstandings.
- Attempt to do your class assignments BEFORE coming to your tutoring session.
- Identify specific areas where help is needed with specific questions to ask a tutor BEFORE coming to your tutoring session.
- Come prepared with all necessary materials: class notes, textbook, syllabus and handouts, paper, pencil/pen, etc.
- Be ready to actively participate in the tutoring session.