Faculty tutors and peer tutors are available to assist students who need assistance in Basic Writing, and faculty tutors can assist students with writing assignments from any course. The Writing Lab is located in Polsky 303. Appointments are required and can be made by calling (330) 972-7046. Advance appointments are highly recommended with a limited number of drop-in appointments available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Get helpful feedback for all your writing needs:
- Getting started
- Focusing on the topic
- Organizing and developing ideas
- Writing introductions and conclusions
- Improving grammar and punctuation
- Research paper citations
Students who use the Writing Lab are expected to:
- Go to class, listen attentively, take notes, and ask questions of your instructor to clarify misunderstandings.
- Attempt to do your class assignments BEFORE coming to your tutoring session.
- Identify specific areas where help is needed with specific questions to ask a tutor BEFORE coming to your tutoring session.
- Come prepared with all necessary materials: rough drafts, class notes, textbook, syllabus and handouts, paper, pencil/pen, etc.
- Be ready to actively participate in the tutoring session.
- Monday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Closed during the summer.