College Reading & Study Skills (CRSS) Lab
Faculty tutors are available to assist students, throughout the academic year (not summer) who need assistance in acquiring College Reading and Study Skills. The CRSS Lab is located in Polsky 342. Appointments are required and can be made by calling (330) 972-7046. Advance appointments are highly recommended with a limited number of drop-in appointments available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Tutors can help you develop and improve skills such as:
- Reading comprehension
- Reading textbooks more efficiently and effectively
- Preparing for tests
- Note taking
- Vocabulary development
- Time management
- Memory techniques
- Organizing for success
Students who use the CRSS Lab are expected to:
- Go to class, listen attentively, take notes, and ask questions of your instructor to clarify misunderstandings.
- Attempt to do your class assignments BEFORE coming to your tutoring session.
- Identify specific areas where help is needed with specific questions to ask a tutor BEFORE coming to your tutoring session.
- Come prepared with all necessary materials: class notes, textbook, syllabus and handouts, paper, pencil/pen, etc.
- Be ready to actively participate in the tutoring session.
- Monday: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Polsky Building 301 (show on map)
College Reading & Study Skills Lab
9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Monday, Thursday, & Friday
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Tuesday & Wednesday
Andrew C. Richardson
Coordinator, Summit College Tutorial Services