Fire Protection Technology
Fire Protection Technology Fundamentals
Fire protection specialists are skilled in the latest techniques in fire control, prevention and property protection.
The University of Akron offers the only fire protection technology program in Ohio accredited by the International Fire Service Accreditation Congress.
- Comprehensive curriculum covers:
- building and design concepts
- specialized hazards
- detection and protection of systems
- effective training and utilization of human resources
- fire prevention
- how to conduct thorough fire investigations
- storage methods, transportation and handling of hazardous materials
- supervisory responsibilities
- legal rights, duties, liabilities and responsibilities of fire protection agencies
- are innovative and interactive
- use multimedia technology to enhance classroom learning
You are encouraged to participate in a full-time, 15-week internship with a cooperating fire department or other fire protection agency. You will gain firsthand, on-the-job training in the field and earn elective credits upon successful completion of the program.
Fire Protection Technology Student Organization
Interact with other fire protection technology students and professionals in the field through organizations such as:
- Fire Protection Society