Radiologic Technology Fundamentals
Radiologic technology is a complex and challenging field where highly trained individuals perform radiologic examinations for the diagnosis and treatment of physical diseases and injuries under a physician’s direction.
- Program is held in conjunction with Akron Children’s Hospital Radiography School. You should apply directly to the hospital school for admission to this two-year program.
- After successfully completing the hospital program, you will receive a Certificate of Education and take the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists exam. Once you pass, you will be awarded a block of credits that can apply only to UA's Associate Degree in Radiologic Technology.
- At UA, core curriculum covers:
- medical terminology
- radiological technology
- radiological principles
- human relations
- are innovative and interactive
- bring years of real-world experience to the classroom and lab
The Akron Children’s Hospital program offers various courses taught at the hospital. During this period, you will rotate through the University, the hospital and other medical facilities five days a week, eight hours a day.