OBEN service ended
Effective midnight tonight, August 31, 2012, OBEN internet service ends. Please transfer your internet service to Time Warner’s standard service or to another provider.
If you are planning to switch to Time Warner, you will sign up as a new customer.
- Make sure you're talking to a local (Akron) rep. The national support desk does not know about OBEN.
- If you were an active OBEN customer during the summer, then you should not have to pay installation if you transition to TWC.
- You are a new Residential customer. You ARE NOT an existing TWC Residential customer.
- OBEN is a business class bulk account through the University of Akron. The service is going to you at your address, but the account is not owned by you.
- When you get into the phone tree, do not press the button for existing customer. Select the option for new customer.
- In order to qualify for the special pricing you must have been an existing OBEN customer on July 19, 2012. Otherwise, since you are a NEW TWC Residential customer, ask the TWC for pricing for new customers. You will need to pay an installation fee, since you were not an OBEN customer during the summer term.
OBEN@uakron.edu or 330-972-6860 with questions.
The process to transition from OBEN to Time Warner Cable’s standard internet service can be found at, http://www.uakron.edu/projects/oben-transition/.