Frequently Asked Questions
How do I download the free Microsoft Security Essentials software?
- The University of Akron no longer has a free license of McAfee. For virus protection download Microsoft Security Essentials. Students, Faculty and Staff may download for free from Microsoft.
Can I bring my computer to the store for repairs?
- No, you can take your computer to the Computer Center for repairs. Call 330-972-7535 for more information.
Who is Eligible to purchase from The Computer Store?
- Only currently enrolled UA students or members of the faculty, staff or contract professionals are eligible to purchase from The Computer Store. Departmental purchases may be made via requisition.
What are the rules governing purchases?
- Personal Purchases - Only currently enrolled UA students or members of the faculty, staff, or contract professional are eligible to purchase items from The Computer Store. The Computer Store is obligated, by contract, to allow the purchase of no more than one desktop, one portable, one Personal Interactive Electronics product, one laser and one non-laser printer every academic year. A valid UAnet ID is required for all purchases. Manufacture's rules may vary; please contact the store for additional information. The Management of Information Services is responsible for all final interpretations of the individual purchasing rules of the various manufacturers/suppliers.
- Departmental Purchases - Departmental purchases can be made by a signed departmental requisition. The Requisition can be emailed to email@example.com or sent through campus mail attn: The Computer Store +3501
What is the return policy?
- All returns are subject to a 10% restocking fee
- Opened software will not be exchanged under any circumstance
- Inoperable items that are reported during the 15 day period that for whatever reason cannot be returned to the supplier, cannot be returned for a refund or exchange, but will be repaired under the vendor warranty.
- No returns on Microsoft products