Transfer checklist for The University of Akron
Learn how your college credits will transfer to The University of Akron
- Email your unofficial transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include information about your prospective major in the email. A transfer student advisor will email you a preliminary evaluation of your credits to show you how they will apply to a degree at The University of Akron.
Apply for admission
- Apply for admission
- Pay the application fee of $45 online.
- Submit college transcripts from all colleges and universities which you’ve attended.
- Please send all transcripts to:
The University of Akron
Office of Admissions
Akron, OH 44325-2001
Check your application status:
- You will be sent your UANet ID and password in an email. Once you have this, you can log in to My Akron to check your application status
Are high school transcripts needed?
- Yes, if you have earned fewer than 24 semester hours of college credit.
- ACT or SAT scores are required if you are under age 21 and have less than 24 semester credits.
Financial Aid and Scholarships:
- Please update your FAFSA with The University of Akron’s Title IV Code Number, 003123.
- All transfer applicants who have completed 24 or more credit hours post high school graduation (excluding postsecondary hours earned while in high school) will be considered for scholarships if they apply for admission by June 1 for fall semester and December 1 for spring semester.
- Student employment opportunities are listed at uakron.edu/student-employment
Confirm your enrollment:
- Once you are offered admission to The University of Akron, please pay your confirmation fee and complete your intent to enroll form at uakron.edu/accepted
Register for classes:
- Following enrollment confirmation, you will be assigned a date for Transfer Transition (Orientation and class registration for new transfer students).
- You will meet with an academic adviser and will schedule your classes at Transfer Transition.
Help finding on or off campus housing:
- On campus housing: Once you have confirmed your enrollment, you may apply for on campus housing through My Akron.
- Off campus housing: Please contact Off Campus Student Services at uakron.edu/offcampus
Attend New Roo Weekend
- Schedule of events at this link: uakron.edu/weekend